Bells – Documents
Historical Documents concerning the Bells at St Giles’
- “Ring one peal with all the Bells” in the 1662 Will of William Handy (or Hendy).
- The Rules for St Giles’ Ringers – “A FEW WORDS TO THE RINGERS, FROM THE VICAR”, 1850.
- 1927 Press cutting – “Two new bells for St Giles’”
- Notes and references to ‘Before the Anaesthetic’ composed in 1945 by John Betjeman
- Names of Ringers 1850 – 1979
- Aus “Die Themse: Geschichten aus zwei Jahrtausenden” : Leo G Linder, Westermann, Braunschweig, 1993 ISBN 3-07-509268 – 1
- English translation of a guide book ‘Die Themse: Geschichten aus zwei Jahrtausenden’, by Leo G Linder, published in Brunswick (Braunschweig) in 1993, describes a German couple’s trip up the Thames Valley. One chapter, titled (in English) ‘Ringers Wanted’, includes a description of a visit to the ringers at St Giles’ Church, Oxford.
- Retuning and Rehanging in 2011 (= ‘Past, Present and Future’)
- The sounds of St Giles’ Bells, before and after retuning (Audio clips)
- Weights etc. after retuning in September 2011
- Comments on the weights and pitches of bells at St Giles’, Oxford, before and after recasting in 1850 and retuning in 2011.
- CO49 Plaque
- Peals rung on St Giles’ Bells, 1927 – 2011
- Peals rung on St Giles’ Bells, 2011 onwards
- Bellringers Roll of Honour