Susan Kidd Charity
Under the provisions of the Charities Act 1993, funds from several small Non-Ecclesiastical and Educational Charities of St Giles were transferred and amalgamated into an existing larger fund and known as the Susan Kidd Charity.
The income of the Susan Kidd Charity may be used to benefit persons in need who are resident in the ancient parish of St Giles, Oxford, which roughly corresponds to the area now covered by the parishes of: St Giles; St Andrew, Linton Road; St Michael, Summertown; St Margaret with St Philip and St James. It includes the following Oxford University colleges: Green Templeton; Keble; Kellogg; Lady Margaret Hall; St Anne’s; St Antony’s; St Cross; St Hugh’s; St John’s; Somerville; Wolfson. It also includes Ogston House (Trinity College); Stevens Close (Jesus College); University College Annexe on Staverton Road; and several houses for Hertford College. The Polstead Road Play Group and the following state schools are also in the eligible area: Cherwell School; St Philip and St James.
Grants are made annually by the Trustees for the following purposes:
- To promote the education of children and young persons.
- For relief in need and sickness.
- For advancement in life: to assist persons under the age of 25 who are preparing for, entering upon, or engaged in any profession, trade, occupation or service by providing them with outfits, or by paying fees, travelling or maintenance expenses or by such other means, for their advancement in life or to enable them to earn their living, as the Trustees think fit.
- For such other charitable purposes connected with the area of benefit as the Trustees think fit.
The annual income available for distribution is about £1,500, and individual grants are normally in the range £200 to £400.
Applications, which need not necessarily be made by the beneficiary, should:
- State clearly the purpose for which assistance is sought and indicate why it is difficult to pay for this;
- Confirm the residential qualification of the beneficiary;
- Confirm the age of the beneficiary, for purposes (1) and (3) above;
and may include such other evidence as is thought likely to assist the Trustees in assessing priority.
The application form below should be completed and sent with the requested accompanying documentation, preferably as attachments to a covering email, to the Secretary, email@example.com, or by letter and hard copies to: Dr C. M. MacRobert, Secretary to the Susan Kidd Trust, 127 Flatford Place, Kidlington, OX5 1TG.
Applications for consideration during the current financial year should be received not later than Wednesday 7 November 2018.